The course consists of 4 x 90-minute sessions held over 4 consecutive days, where we practice meditation in each session.
Simone teaches and runs classes at the InSpirit Urban Retreat in Camberwell, Victoria, 3127.
3-10 people with individual instruction and attention provided.
Our course is like going back to school, not therapy. Together, we will learn a skill and put it into practise individually.
Learning in a group also allows you to hear other people’s questions, which stimulates discussion and helps everyone understand the practice in greater detail.
But if you’d prefer to learn privately, we can help, just contact us at email@example.com
No. You will begin the course sitting comfortably on a chair. As you continue your practise at home, all that’s required is that you sit upright with the back-supported.
Yes, you’ll be meditating from your very first session and be able to meditate on your own at home straight away.
You will begin to feel a difference in your mind and body after your very first session. The benefits of vedic meditation increase the more you make it a daily practice and vary person-to-person. Some will notice big changes immediately in the quality of their thinking and relaxation. For others, it may be a gradual experience of self-awareness and increase of energy.
People from all walks of life have learned this technique and all of them benefit from the practice. But if you feel like it’s not working, you can rely on us to give you continued training and guidance until you feel confident to become a self-sufficient daily meditator.
You sure will. Our 4 session course is designed for people (from adults to kids) with little to no meditation experience. The practice itself is simple and natural. You’ll experience the benefits of vedic meditation from your very first session, with plenty of support after the course to help make meditation a daily practise.
That’s ok! In Vedic meditation thoughts are a part of the process, so there is no need to still the mind or focus on any one thing. You’re also likely to find your attention span increases throughout your practise.
This is how we think about things – we all have 24 hours a day. Twice daily meditation for 20 minutes in the morning and afternoon, takes 3% of that time and has an exponential effect on the remaining 97% of your day, and considering 8% of our time (on average) is spent on Facebook, 3% seems pretty achievable to us.
While online courses and apps are a great introduction to meditation, vedic meditation is only taught and instructed in-person to ensure you feel confident and self-sufficient in your practise well after you complete the course.
Yes, but not immediately. Years of training and experience (both through practise and study) are required to become a Vedic Meditation teacher. If you are interested in furthering your education and training, we’d love to hear from you at:
No. Vedic meditation isn’t about controlling or emptying the mind of its thoughts. Thoughts are actually welcomed here and a sign that you’re practicing correctly.
No, you don’t have to give up anything.
Mindfulness is a wonderful technique for shepherding the thoughts.
Vedic meditation goes one step further by helping us to step beyond our thoughts entirely to reach a deep rest state.
‘Vedic’ is an English version of the Sanskrit word ‘Veda’ which means ‘to know’. This technique and its teachings draw from the cognitive sciences and the 5000+ year-old body of wisdom derived from India known as the ‘Veda’. It is not a religious practise.
A mantra is a simple sound with no intended meaning that works as a ‘mind vehicle.’ There are thousands of different mantras used across various meditation techniques for their own function and outcome.
In vedic meditation, we use the mantra as a vehicle to draw the mind inwards into a deeper more restful state.
Receiving and being instructed with a personal mantra gives you a deeper experience and allows you to advance your practice over the years.
No, vedic meditation is a simple mental technique that allows the mind to naturally settle down. We acknowledge the vedic traditions’ cultural roots from India but stress that anyone can experience this practice regardless of their religious or non-religious beliefs.
Yes and we highly recommend it. Meditation is a great way to give you the extra rest you need.